The focus of this week’s Keep It Simple post is Gratitude. I’ll share a few ways to express your gratitude to others and then I have some specific gratitude to share as well.
Gratitude can be so much more than just saying thanks. Here are a few simple ways:
- On twitter: You can say Thanks for a retweet, but maybe it’s better to return the favor. Instead of saying thanks, look at the person who retweeted you and retweet something from them. (Don’t just retweet the last thing they tweeted, share something that interests you. However, I wouldn’t recommend choosing the tweet that mentions you or a link back to you, it is a bit tacky.)
- On Facebook: Like them/their business if you genuinely like it. If not, extend your thanks on their wall. Be genuine and make sure that it is beyond, “Thanks!” For example: Thank you for going out of your way to…
- On a blog: Comment…how simple is that. Or even write a post that mentions or links back to the person you want to thank. (I’m doing just that at the end of this post!)
- Traditional ways: Pick up the phone, drop an email, mail them a note, and the nicest one…say thank you in person when you can.
This week’s post was inspired by an intense feeling of gratitude for the relationships that I have found via Social Media. It has seemed to me over the past several weeks, that I have been very fortunate to have others go above and beyond for me. Notes of encouragement and inspiration have showed up at exactly the moment when I needed them the most. So I want to share a few specific thanks…
- Diana Adams and Amy Howell – thank you for including me in such a great group of women on the Top 75 BadAss Women on Twitter. I am so very honored to be a part of that list, there are really incredible women on that list and I have made new friends because of it. Thanks a million!
- Dawn Westerberg – when I got your tweet about your Tuesday post this week, I literally said, “I can’t believe she chose me!” I am so grateful and humbled.
- Ian Gertler – the notes of encouragement and praise have really meant so much. I cannot thank you enough.
- Margie Clayman – you are an amazing light in the twitterverse. Thanks for for supporting me, for starting #care4Japan and for inviting me to join in your Women and Social Media series.
- Pat Caporali – You are tireless in your support, whether it is social media or face-to-face, you are always there for me. Thank you for being who you are: a great friend, an amazing PR person and a social media pioneer for IndyCar.
- Judy Gombita – For being great, even when we disagree…we have proven that we don’t have to agree on every point in order to be friends, be courteous and supportive🙂
- Last, but not least – Chis Jones, Sharon Mostyn, Liz Strauss, Terry St. Marie, Heidi Thorne, Joseph Ruiz, Jeannette Bear for being so great to allow me to host chats with incredible people. I really enjoy it and am grateful for the opportunity.
Don’t forget to share your gratitude, it’s important to appreciate others.