Every Friday, I write a Keep It Simple Post…today it is so simple that you learned it in Elementary School…the 5 Ws: Who, What. When, Where, Why?
As you think about participating in Social Media or as you continue to participate in Social Media. You should be able to answer these 5 questions:
- Who – Who are you trying to reach?
- What – What is the purpose of your outreach?
- When – When is the best time to reach them?
- Where – Where are they? On which platforms will you find them? Is it Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn…or somewhere else?
- Why – Why are you trying to reach out to them? To drive traffic to your site? To build your brand? To increase sales? To bring traffic to a location?
Answering these questions will add clarity to your planning process. Each answer is a part of the story you are trying to tell. Do what makes sense for you, don’t do it just because everyone else is. I hope that you find these questions helpful. Happy Friday.
Sometimes when we’re going full steam, it’s good to step back to the basics and review what we’re doing and why. This is a good simple list to guide that. Also good for those just getting started.
I especially like the advice, “Do what makes sense for you, don’t do it just because everyone else is.”
Thanks, Amber. Best to ya. =)
Good advice Amber! I’m sure I’ll come back to it time and again.
Thanks so much Barrett. I hope it helps!