Every Friday, I write a Keep It Simple Post…today it is so simple that you learned it in Elementary School…the 5 Ws: Who, What. When, Where, Why?
As you think about participating in Social Media or as you continue to participate in Social Media. You should be able to answer these 5 questions:
- Who – Who are you trying to reach?
- What – What is the purpose of your outreach?
- When – When is the best time to reach them?
- Where – Where are they? On which platforms will you find them? Is it Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn…or somewhere else?
- Why – Why are you trying to reach out to them? To drive traffic to your site? To build your brand? To increase sales? To bring traffic to a location?
Answering these questions will add clarity to your planning process. Each answer is a part of the story you are trying to tell. Do what makes sense for you, don’t do it just because everyone else is. I hope that you find these questions helpful. Happy Friday.