This is the Keep It Simple Series that I share on Fridays. The 5 simplest twitter tips below are for beginners, but sometimes we all could use a reminder.
- Use a photo, logo, cartoon for your avatar. Do not leave it as the generic egg- shape…it makes it look like you might be a spammer.
- Create a bio. It doesn’t have to be perfect or include everything about you, but share something. If there is nothing in the bio and someone is thinking about following you, they might decide to pass.
- Retweet/Reply to other people. No one likes to be talked to with a megaphone, engage with other people.
- Look at the people you follow. Are they sharing things that interest you? Are they engaging with you and/or other followers? If not, don’t follow them.
- Report spammers. If someone sends you a tweet to check out a link, look at their tweet stream. If every tweet looks the same as the one they sent you, they are a spammer…report them…please.
Hope these twitter tips are helpful. Feel free to add any additional tips in the comments.